October 15: Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read (either by teachers, friends, other bloggers, book club) — doesn’t necessarily have to be a BAD thing. Could be required reading, yes, but also book club, or just super enthusiastic friends “making” you read something!
- Old Yeller
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
- Maus by Art Spiegelman
- The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman
- Black Creek Crossing by John Saul -given to me by a friend
- Hana’s Suitcase by Karin Levine
October 8: Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders *I haven’t read enough books so i’m including TV & Movie series. Also i’m not going to put any details in the list but we can discuss in the comments!
*Apparently im being a negative Nancy today and only wrote the worse ones down and didnt even think about the best one and realized this after the fact whoops!
- TV Show: Drop Dead Diva
- TV Show: Angel
- TV Show: Original One Life To Live
- Book Non-series: Dirty Work by Julia Bell
- Movie Non-series: My Sister’s Keeper (I liked the book ending better)
- TV Show: Roseanne
- Book Non-series: Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Book Non-series: The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
- Book Non-series: The Funhouse by Dean Koontz
- TV Show: King of Queens
October 1: Top Ten Book Turn-Offs
- Cheating Spouses: these kind of stories just make me so mad and i get in a really bad mood about reading the book. ex. The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison
- Not Enough Dialogue: I like the fast paced reading of dialogue
- E-Book only: I dont really like e-books and always want an option
- Werewolves: Never been able to get into them
- High Fantasy: Super long series about Aliens or other beings, not my idea of fun
- Audio Books: Dont understand how you can call this reading
- Stickers all over the front cover: Dont need them, keep them off the books
- Movie Book Covers: Again this isn’t needed
- Books Over $15: I wont pay more then $10 for paperback or $15 for hardcover
- Books Under 250 pages: I really hate buying a book and when it arrives its super short and I didn’t know. I always check now
September 24: Top Ten Best Sequels Ever
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Snow (Losing Christina) by Caroline B. Cooney
- Summer in the City by Candace Bushnell
- Reflected In You by Sylvia Day
- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
- Black Rose by Nora Roberts
- Betrayal by Gregg Olsen
- The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Crossed by Allie Condie
- Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
*7-10 I haven’t read yet but look forward to reading them soon.
September 17 2013: Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List
- Omens (Cainsville Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong
- The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- Funhouse by Dean Koontz
- A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs
- A Train In Winter by Caroline Moorehead
- Carrie by Stephen King
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- In The Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
- The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
Check out my Fall Reading Challenge here!
September 10 2013: Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show
- The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean. Movie. Casting: Teresa Castillo as Dora and Chris Hemsworth as Conrad Murphy.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. Movie. Casting: Tina Fey as Bernadette and Ariel Winter as Bee.
- Joyland by Stephen King. Movie. Casting: Alex Pettyfer as Devin Jones and Annie Wersching as Annie.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Movie. Casting Juno Temple as Celia Bowen and Ben Barnes as Marco Alisdair.
- The Long Road Home by Danielle Steel. Movie. Cant find anyone.
- Nightmare Hour by R L Stine. This is a collection of short stories, but it was the most memorable R L Stine book from my childhood. TV Movie.
- Weekend by Christopher Pike. Movie. Another childhood favorite.
- Party Summer by R L Stine. Movie. If it was hyped up a bit could be a good thriller.
- The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah. Movie. Jazz Raycole as WInter.
- Room by Emma Donoghue. Movie. Maggie Gyllenhaal as Ma.